You want to do barbecue in a different way try this recipe.
Sweet And Spicy Beer Can Chicken
2 kg whole free range chicken, 1 can of beer (330 ml), barbecue sauce 2 tablespoons, deseeded one fresh red chili, trimmed spring onion 1 bunch, fresh coriander ½ bunch.
Ingredients for the rub
1 heaped tablespoon of smoked paprika, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, freshly ground black pepper and soft dark brown sugar. Also cayenne pepper 1 heaped teaspoon, cumin seed 1 teaspoon, red chilies dried 1-2, sea salt 1 heaped teaspoon.
1. Firstly preheat the oven for about 200 centigrade or 400 Fahrenheit.
2. Bash the ingredients of the rub in order to make a fine powder of it by using a mortar. Now sprinkle or drizzle olive oil on the chicken and apply the rub all over the chicken using your hands.
3. Now open the beer and pour out two third of the beer and place the chicken on the opening of a can in a way that its cavity is facing the open end of the can.
4. Now and place the chicken in a roasting tray in an upright position, and cook it for 1 hour 10 minutes until its color changes to golden brown. In order to check if it is done or not insert a knife in the thigh if the juices run clear, it is done.
5. Recook it with some barbecue sauce .Finally discard the beer can after you are done cooking and serve the chicken with sliced chili, spring onions, and coriander leaves.